Saturday, January 26, 2008

There is a wedding in my future

I know that title was misleading because really I have weddings (in the plural) in my future. I have the honor of being in two dear friends weddings this spring , my mom will be having a reception after her beach wedding, and I just added another to the list. My stepsister called last night to tell me that she is engaged!!! What a surprise. I had just found out that they were thinking about getting married during Christmas.
I have always wondered what it would be like when one of us girls gets married. I have three sisters and a brother. I know that whatever men join our family are in for a real treat! All of my sisters and I are not exactly the quiet passive type. I have had visions of future family gatherings with all of us women in a room having a heated conversation, being pretty loud, laughing obnoxiously, and spouses in another room drinking large amounts of alcohol in an attempt to survive the beautiful dysfunction that is my family.
The new brother, Scotty, is a wonderful man. He loves my sister, Kelsey (we have the same name, its awesome, which is why I sometimes specify her as my stepsister) in wonderful ways. He lets her be the strong woman she was created to be and challenges her to live into her full potential.
Scotty you're a winner. Welcome to the family, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. Don't worry, in the midst of all the drama, there is a lot of laughter and deep care for one another. I am excited to have you be a part of it :)

P.S. I realize that I might be violating some blogging rule by using names, but until this site is paying my salary (dooce.com) it won't change. I can't be bothered by the rules.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Thanks for your kind words Kel! I am starting at the beginning of your blog and reading until I am current and I felt so honored to be one of the first topics!

Also, you words were so kind and so sweet. It truly brought tears of joy to my eyes. I really hope one day we will live closer and you will have the chance to get to know Scott even better! I love you!
*Kel*