1. Made Curtains for my kitchen
2. Made two batches of cookies. One was successful, the other will be ice cream topping crumble (read, cookies that spread all over the pan I don't want to throw them away).
3. I am currently making little apple tarts
4. I ventured out in my car after it had been snowing ALL DAY and we made it. My car is a brick.
5. I checked the news every 20 min to see if it would tell me the answers about life. It didn't.
6. I lived in hypothetical land a lot wondering if my flight would get canceled, how I would get home, wondering if Lindsey and I would get STUCK in the house with no power, etc.
7. Sometimes when I was bitching a LOT Linds would remind me that there are people who are homeless who are sleeping outside and then it didn't seem so bad.
8. I went to work today because the Mayor REFUSES to close the city. I think when people are waiting three hours for a bus it is time to admit defeat or GET MORE EFFING SNOW PLOWS.
9. I went sledding
10. I drank wine and watched a lot of movies.
Here are some pictures from the 'KILL ME NOW snow storm 2008'
Linds and I sledding. My pants were SO wet and ALL of me was cold
Snow on Saturday 12/13
Snow on 12/21 after everything had defrosted and started again on Wed.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I know that it rains a lot here. We all try to act like its no big deal and it doesn't make us depressed and we can handle it because people are dying from poverty (and we are all working in non-profits to try and fix it).
Let me ask you a question Seattle, why the hell do we not use umbrellas. I know that using them would be admitting some sort of defeat, like the rain actually does hit our heads and it is actually annoying. Let me suggest that we get over our smug attitudes toward umbrellas. I just think that a little gem like the umbrella above would make it ok that it gets dark at 3:30 pm every freakin night.
P.S. My Birthday is in a week and the umbrellas are under $40 and they can be found here